Fall Landscaping in Burlington and Surrounding Areas
As the Temperatures drop and the leaves begin their brilliant color display it marks the time to plan your fall lawn care. Utilizing a lawn service to prepare your landscape for the winter months will not only save you days of time and labor it will also prepare your landscape for a lush and beautiful spring bloom.
Here are a list of items that will ensure a lush lawn, plentiful foliage and beautiful spring blooms.
- Trim the Trees: by trimming any dead or overhanging branches in fall you can prevent damage to your home or property caused by winter weather such as snowstorms or ice.
- Feed your Grass: your lawns root system keeps growing until temperatures fall below 40 degrees. Fertilizing your lawn in fall while the roots are still active is key to successful lawn growth in spring.
- Aerate your Lawn: as the soil compacts around the root system it can prevent key nutrients from getting to your lawn. Aerating your lawn helps nutrients reach the roots and creates a hearty and lush lawn.
- Cut back Perennials: by cutting back perennials you send nutrients and energy back to the roots and the result will be a healthier plant in the spring.
- Mulch: renewing the mulch in your landscape in fall protects plants from the cold temperatures and frost damaging their root system.
- Plant New Plants: Fall is the perfect time to plant your spring bulbs and plants to create a beautiful spring color display.
- Dry your Irrigation system: blowing out the water in your irrigation system in fall will prevent lines from being damaged from water freezing in the lines. This simple step can save you money in repair or replacement fees.
- Clean Decks and Patios: Clear all clutter from decks and patios. Put away or cover lawn furniture or decorations.
- Leaf Removal: as beautiful as the fall colors are on the trees, fallen leaves can rob your lawn of nutrients and are an eyesore in your landscape.
These simple items will ensure that your landscape not only looks wonderful during the fall but also will ensure a vibrant landscape in the spring. Contact Koch Kuts and let our professional team do all the hard work for you so that you can enjoy your free time with friends and family instead of leaves and rakes.
Contact Koch Kuts for your Free Fall Landscaping Estimate in Burlington and surrounding areas today.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!