https://www.kochkuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/100_0297-1-1.jpg 2340 3127 admin http://www.kochkuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/logo-1.png admin2018-12-08 04:02:272019-01-08 04:04:43Jumpstart your Spring Landscaping
Jumpstart your Spring Landscaping
Spring ushers in long-awaited warm temperatures, perfect for outdoor enjoyment. Planning ahead with Koch Cuts will help you get your yard in shape for the season ahead. Use the following tips to jumpstart your landscape this spring.
- Evaluate your trees and shrubs. Start your spring spruce up with a thorough inspection of your yard. Look for any branches that might be broken or damaged and get them pruned . Some of the plants that are in rough shape may just need to be pruned back in order to kick start them for a new season, while others might need to be taken out and replaced entirely.
- Check on your sprinklers/irrigation systems. If you have a system in your landscaping, spring is the time to test your equipment for leaks and damage from the winter months. A leak in the system can not only result in plant damage from overwatering but the cost of the wasted water will add up over the season.
- Make planting beds neat and tidy. Rake the old leaves and debris from plant beds. . Also, after you pull the weeds you can apply a weed control agent to protect against their return. . Also, after you pull the weeds you can apply a weed control agent to protect against their return.
- Add a layer of fresh mulch. Plant beds and around trees need about an inch of fresh mulch. Don’t let the mulch touch tree trunks and never let the mulch accumulate to more than a 3-inch depth. Mulch not only makes planting areas look neat, but also aid in retaining moisture in the soil, keeping roots cool.
- Control Weeds. Spring is a good time to apply weed control for weeds such as crabgrass.
- Fertilize your lawn, trees and shrubs. The decision about whether or not to fertilize should be based on the nutrition requirements needed by your soil conditions. Lawns typically need fertilization multiple times a year.
Read more about Fertilizing and Spraying here.
Contact Koch Kuts for your free spring landscaping estimate today. We look forward to working with you and your yard this Spring, Summer and Fall!