The Importance of Shade Trees in Southeastern Wisconsin
With the temperature rising and the BBQ season upon us it’s time to talk about shade. Nothing hampers an outdoor activity faster than getting overheated by the Summer sun. Most people underestimate the value of adding shade trees to their landscape. Not only are trees a beautiful backdrop to your yard and help keep you cool during the peak hours of the day but also the proper placement of shade trees can be incredibly beneficial to not just your home but your bank account.
The most common benefits of planting shade trees are blocking unsightly views and increased privacy. However that is just the beginning of the benefits of planting different types of trees around your home.
Here are some of the top reasons planting shade trees can benefit your home:
- Shade trees assist in decreasing the amount of water needed when keeping your lawn green and lush by aiding in the reduction of water evaporation from the direct sunlight.
- When temperatures rise in summer a well-placed shade tree can reduce cooling costs anywhere from 5% to 25%.
- Smaller shade trees planted in sloped areas will help prevent soil erosion.
- Trees serve as a barrier for your home during strong winds and storms
- Mature and healthy trees add on average 10% to your property value
- Planting trees next to a patio helps keep you cooler during peak sunlight hours.
The options for types of trees are vast and come in all sizes from tall trees such as Oak, Maple and Spruce to medium trees such as Washington, Hawthorn and Goldenrain tree or a smaller variety like the Redbud, Crabapple and Dogwood. Not sure what is right for your landscape? A professional landscaper from Koch Kuts can advise you on the best trees for your yard. Typical cost can range anywhere from $50-$200 for decent new trees.
Contact Koch Kuts for your free landscaping estimate in Burlington and surrounding areas today.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!